We are Bangor Elim Complex (Conference and Corporate Centre). These are our terms and conditions for any short stay use of meeting rooms, auditorium, sports facilities or any part of Complex.
Use of any Services may be denied if
- you have not paid the price; or
- you are in breach of these terms and conditions; or
- you are in breach of the house rules of this Complex.
The agreement formed on these terms and conditions (your “agreement”) starts on the day your booking is confirmed for the Services and continues for the period stated in your booking.
Ending your agreement immediately
We may put an end to your agreement immediately by giving you notice if you are in breach of one of your obligations. If we put an end to your agreement in this way it does not put an end to any then outstanding obligations you may have and you must indemnify us against all costs and losses we incur as a result of the termination.
All formal notices must be in writing.
The terms of your agreement are confidential. Neither of us must disclose them without the other’s consent unless required to do so by law or an official authority. This obligation continues after your agreement ends.
Except where we are negligent, you must indemnify us in respect of all liability, claims, damages, loss and expenses, which may arise
- from a third party in respect of your use of the Services;
- if someone dies or is injured while in the workspace you are using;
- if you do not comply with the terms of your agreement.
You must also pay any costs, including reasonable legal fees, which we incur in enforcing your agreement. These obligations continue after your agreement ends.
English Law applies.
USING THE FACILITIES
Comply with the law
You must comply with all relevant laws and regulations in your use of the Services. You must not use them for illegal, obscene, immoral or defamatory purposes.
You must not do anything that may
- interfere with the use of the relevant complex by us or by others;
- cause loss or damage to use or to the owner of any interest in the building which contains the centre;
- bring our name or that of the complex into disrepute.
No alcohol, drugs or smoking is permitted on the premises.
PROVIDING THE FACILITIES
We have the right to suspend the provision of Services at the Complex for reasons of political unrest, strikes, or other events beyond our reasonable control.
We reserve the right to re-allocate bookings to other areas in the complex.
We reserve the right to review bookings at any time and termination of any contract will be given in writing subject to 1 months notice. Block bookings are required.
You must not use the names Bangor Elim Complex or Bangor Elim Church in any way in connection with your business.
We are not liable for any loss as a result of our failure to provide a Service unless we do so deliberately or are negligent. We are also not liable for any failure until you have told us about it and given us a reasonable time to put it right and subject to the amounts set out below.
We will not in any circumstances have any liability for loss of business, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of damage to date, third party claims or any consequential loss.
We will be liable
- without limit for personal injury or death;
- up to a maximum of 125% of fees paid under your agreement up to the date on which the claim in question arises or £5000 (whichever is the higher), in respect of all other losses, damages, expenses or claims
An invoice will be issued immediately after the event and is payable 14 days from date on invoice.
Cheques should be made payable to Bangor Elim Church.
Any additional charges for use of Services (such as photocopying, sound or technical support, ushers, car parking attendants, Coffee Company) will be charged to your account (if applicable) at the rates agreed at the time of booking.
We reserve the right to make a charge for late exit from the facilities.
A non-refundable deposit (normally 50%) is payable at the time of booking. Your booking will not be confirmed until this is received.
Where a booking is cancelled you must pay us all Charges for which we are liable to third parties (e.g. equipment suppliers). In addition if your booking is for a group of 12 or more people your must pay
- the full price for a cancellation within 14 working days of the time you were due to start using the facility;
- 50% of the full price for a cancellation between 15 and 30 working days of the time your were due to start using the facility.
No additional charge will be made for a cancellation more than 30 working days before the time you were due to start using the facility.
This standard cancellation policy applies unless otherwise agreed in writing by us.